Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

User roaming between IAP and Cisco AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  User roaming between IAP and Cisco AP

Posted Mar 09, 2017 06:00 AM

Hi Guys,

my customer need to convience about "user roaming between IAP and Cisco AP.

any limitiation ?

any formal doc that i can use ? or maybe you guys have experience on this solution 

please share.

• 2.  RE: User roaming between IAP and Cisco AP

Posted Mar 09, 2017 06:12 AM

Hi,

Roaming wont work between different vendors APs.

• 3.  RE: User roaming between IAP and Cisco AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2017 06:17 AM

@Networkers wrote:

Hi Guys,

my customer need to convience about "user roaming between IAP and Cisco AP.

any limitiation ?

any formal doc that i can use ? or maybe you guys have experience on this solution 

please share.

As long as it is bridging to the same layer 2 subnet it should work.  It is typically only used for migrations and not long term.  There is one undocumented issue where clients running Cisco CCX entensions will prefer connecting to Cisco APs that broadcast the QBSS Load IE:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/wlan_ssid_profile.htm?Highlight=qbss-load-enable  You can broadcast this only on the controller-based platform but it is not available for IAPs.  

As long as you are bridging client traffic on both Cisco and Aruba APs to the same layer 2 VLAN roaming should work to and from each infrastructure, but it is not a good idea to run it long term, because troubleshooting will be difficult.

• 4.  RE: User roaming between IAP and Cisco AP

Posted Mar 09, 2017 06:20 AM
    Well, that's news to me! :)