Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

VC not in "access point list"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VC not in "access point list"

Posted Jan 11, 2013 08:32 AM

I just upgraded my firmward to the lastest version for the IAP-105's. I have 10 deployed. 1 AP is not connecting to the VC and the VC AP is not showing as an AP in the Access Point list when looking at the preview window on the VC Access Point itself.  Although I can see the MAC name in the title bar that I am logged into the right VC, its only showing me 8- out -10 AP's. Two are missing not sure why. Any ideas

• 2.  RE: VC not in "access point list"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2013 10:24 AM

@j.pfahl wrote:

I just upgraded my firmward to the lastest version for the IAP-105's. I have 10 deployed. 1 AP is not connecting to the VC and the VC AP is not showing as an AP in the Access Point list when looking at the preview window on the VC Access Point itself.  Although I can see the MAC name in the title bar that I am logged into the right VC, its only showing me 8- out -10 AP's. Two are missing not sure why. Any ideas

Did they ever all work at the same time?  Do you have a VC address configured?  Are they all in the same VLAN (I know...obvious question, but I have to ask)...

• 3.  RE: VC not in "access point list"

Posted Jan 11, 2013 11:11 AM

Yes you bet. I have been online with 9-of-10 AP's. VC has a DHCP network assigned IP. My 10th AP, the last one installed 2 weeks after the inital install never did show up on the VC. Prior to the firmware upgrade the system seemed to be working well and correctly.  In fact, when i logged into the VC gui- the column that lists your AP's, listed my VC in that list too. That way, obviously, I can click on it for device details.  Im not sure why the 10th AP never did appear in that list, autojoin enabled.

yesterday I did a firmware upgrade. It said that it was successful, rebooted all machines. When they rebooted, I had to turn them all off again, turn on the VC that was the VC before, first. Then I turned on all the rest. The 10th AP still is not listed and the VC AP is not listed. However, I know that I am logged into it because it shows its' name at the top.

I just wasn't sure if the firware upgrade had anything to do with this. Seems to me that it should still be listed there. I never changed the VLAN's but I can go check that. Have to figure out how. I suppose I have to console into the 10th AP since it is not listed in the GUI. The VC can obviously see 8 of the AP's as they are in the list.