Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

VisualRF - 8 iAP locations populate map, 1 does not

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  VisualRF - 8 iAP locations populate map, 1 does not

Posted Jul 03, 2012 01:42 PM

Any thoughts of why one of our locations only populates the map with 1 or 2 of the connected clients (there are 12 active clients)

while the other locations seem to populate with all clients.

Since I've upgraded Airwave to 7.5.3, VisualRF has been restarted recently with no change.

The iAP locations all use the same configuration, except IP addressing and slight variation in power settings.

--Matthew

• 2.  RE: VisualRF - 8 iAP locations populate map, 1 does not

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 04, 2012 05:11 AM

Since you recently upgraded and a few changes were made, please open a support case so that they can look into this and find out what is causing this issue.  It would be easier for them to resolve than for us to guess what is happening here on the forum.

• 3.  RE: VisualRF - 8 iAP locations populate map, 1 does not

Posted Jul 05, 2012 07:40 PM

Opened ticket

Got call and went to screen-sharing session

restarted visualRF (which I didn't know how to do)

All better.

• 4.  RE: VisualRF - 8 iAP locations populate map, 1 does not

Posted Jul 19, 2012 07:48 PM

Airwave support has determined that others are seeing similar effects, and have filed a defect with the engineering team:

The defect number is DE12571.

They'll keep me posted on this, so I'll let you all know how the resolution goes.

--Matthew

• 5.  RE: VisualRF - 8 iAP locations populate map, 1 does not

Posted Oct 05, 2012 05:32 PM

Today we replaced QuickView.swf in the 7.5.5 distribution with a patched version.

All sites appear to have the expected number of clients displayed.

Yay!

They tell me that the bug-fix will roll into future releases of Airwave so this shouldn't anyone else in the future.