Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

WPA-2 Enterprise; Reconnect Issues

Running a single IAP-305 with a single SSID configured with WPA-2 Entperprise.  Authentication server is set to a RADIUS server (on-premise).

The first time anyone connects it is fine, and usually thereafter.  However somtimes when a client reconnects (after already having authenticated in the past), the connection will connect but there is no network connectivity. 

I was testing from my phone, I had an IP, but I could not ping in either direction.  I confirmed success on the NPS side of things.  I didn't see anything in the Aruba logs. 

Anyone have any insight on this?  Usually just disabling WiFi and enabling fixes this, but becomes a nusance for some users.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: WPA-2 Enterprise; Reconnect Issues

Make sure the user role is allowing all traffic.  If it is not allowing all traffic, make sure it is allowing "any any service dhcp".

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

ESSID is currently set to unrestricted so don't think its related to that.  Like I said, it usually works fine, but some times it doesn't.  Even when it doesn't, client still gets an IP from DHCP.  Something in the AP is blocking the traffic but I am not sure quite what it is.

Guru Elite

Are you running wired clients on the same vlan as the wireless clients?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

In this scenario yes.

Guru Elite

ON your SSIDs, under advance, do you have broadcast filtering set to ARP or all?  That is necessary when running wired and wireless clients in the same VLAN.

It is currently set to ARP, I know disabled made no difference either.  Must it be set to All?

Guru Elite

Arp or all should be fine. You would need to do that with all of your SSIDs.
Guru Elite

Arp or all should be fine. You would need to do that with all of your SSIDs.

Only have the 1 SSID.  It is currently happening on my device right now.  What should I do to test while issue is here?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: