Controllerless Networks

Aruba Employee

Why should 7000 series only be used as local controllers and why 7200 series be master of 7K ones?

Dear, 

I'm wondering why 7000 series controller SHOULD only be used as local controllers and why 7200 should be used as master for 7000 series controllers?

What are the use cases?

Can 7000 series be master controllers though?

Tx.

Community Administrator

Re: Why should 7000 series only be used as local controllers and why 7200 series be master of 7K on

The 7000 series controllers are designed to be a branch contoller. They are designed with scaled back numbers everywhere when compared to the 7200 series. The branch controllers are designed to handle smaller sites, less than 64 APs.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Aruba Employee

Re: Why should 7000 series only be used as local controllers and why 7200 series be master of 7K on

I got that but in an hierirchal design, the data traffic will not go through the master controller(s). In such design are there reasons to use the 72xx series? 

If yes, what would those be?

Guru Elite

Because they were designed as a branch office controller and don't have the resources to be a master for larger controllers.

The following is supported:

7000 master + 7000 local
7000 master + 7000 master/backup

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: