Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server

Posted Nov 27, 2015 11:23 PM

I am trialing some Aruba to replace what I have and was hoping to get some help on something. I have looked looked high and low on the internet for Windows 7 Client settings for Aruba Central configuration settings and could use some help please to get these clients connected to wireless.

I have configured an SSID using the following:

Security Level: Enterprise

Key Management: WPA-2-Enterprise

Authentication: internal server

I have manually created a network on the win 7 machine with the right SSID number and set the security type to WPA2-Enteprise wth AES encryption. It also has MS protected EAP PEAP. I have validate server certificate checked along with secured password EAP-MSCHAP set at bottom along with fast reconnect. Then in advanced settings i am selecting specifiying user authentication and am putting in the user id and pass that I setup with the internal aruba server. I have done this with another vendors WAPs and it worked however I have tried different ways for Aruba but cannot get it to connect and could use some help for Windows 7. Thanks for any and all help!!!!

• 2.  RE: Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 11:26 PM
    Just to test, can you disable the server certificate verification and see if you can connect?

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server

Posted Nov 28, 2015 12:13 AM

Yes when I disable validate server cert I can connect and it works.

• 4.  RE: Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2015 12:19 AM
    In a production environment, you would upload a custom certificate and configure the client devices to match.

Sent from Nine

• 5.  RE: Win 7 Settings for Enterprise/Internal Server

Posted Nov 28, 2015 12:36 AM

Thank you or the help, I will get a signed cert.