Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Windows CE device issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Windows CE device issue

Posted Jul 23, 2015 05:36 AM

Hi,

we have some devices with Windows Embedded CE 6.0 as OS that have some issue of disconnesction from the IAP SSID.

If the device is ON but does nothing, after a while it is out of the SSID. In detail:

- if the "inactivity timeout" of the SSID is less than 1 hour -> the device is "ageout" from the SSID when it    reaches the "inactivity timeout" value;

- if the "inactivity timeout" of the SSID is more than 1 hour -> the device is "ageout" from the SSID when    it reaches the 1 hour of inactivity.

The device network interface indicates that it is again connected, but it is unable to do any network operation. The only way to reconnect the device to the SSID is to reboot it. In this days I have install a "ping utility" in the device, so if I run a ping to the IAP the device reconnects to the SSID.

But I want to solve this issue without do a ping or reboot it every time . I want to avoid the "ageout" of the Windows CE devices.

Is there anyone that has some experience with Windows CE devices? Any suggestion about how solve this issue?

Thanks,

Massimo

• 2.  RE: Windows CE device issue

Posted Jul 27, 2015 12:13 PM

I know I always hate this answer (question) when it's the first thing support asks me, so I'm sorry to ask you...

How current is your CE and device driver?

We had a similar problem with our oldest handheld bar-code scanners -- WinCE 5.something -- and were able to fix it by upgrading the wireless device drivers. Our WinCE 6.x have other issues, but not that one.

• 3.  RE: Windows CE device issue

Posted Jul 31, 2015 09:59 AM

Hi Matthew,

I try to upgrade our WinCE devices but unfortunately it is not possible becuase the devices memory is too small for do any upgrade.... :(