Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain

Posted Feb 02, 2016 04:25 PM

Hello everyone

Can I have a controller with the Japanese Regulatory Domain to terminate RAP AP from China, Singapore or India?

I use Zero touch to provision the remote RAP but so far I'm not able to deploy AP outside Japan.  I have AP groups per country with their correspond regulatory domains but this configuration creates a warning message because of the different regulatory domain ap profiles.

Also, is there any caveat using Activate for this setup?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2016 04:45 PM

Hi, 

I don't thing Activate has anything to do with it. 

You should be able to terminate RAPs from other countries if the hardware is country unrestricted and regulatory domain has the proper country code. Check "# show country" to verify if it is unrestricted. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

• 3.  RE: Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain

Posted Feb 02, 2016 05:02 PM

Thanks Rahaguru

My hardware is restricted JP3, is there any way to upgrade/modified/buy a license to modified this mode?

• 4.  RE: Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2016 05:16 PM

Hi Antonio, 

Unfortunately, that is not possible since it is a hardware limitation. I would recommend that you get in touch your sales engineer for any suggestions. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

• 5.  RE: Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain

Posted Feb 03, 2016 02:10 AM

I guess I have an  option to ship RAP units with the same regulatory domain of my controller to the destinations. In this case, I can create a AP.group with only wired access. If I take this approach, is this setup complaince with any local regulation?

• 6.  RE: Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2016 09:30 AM

- You need a ROW (Rest of the World) controller.  It can then be set to any country besides the US or Israel to support what you are trying to achieve.

- When a RAP terminates on a controller it is set to the regulatory domain defined in the regulatory domain profile in the ap-group (in this case Japan).

With those setps, you should be in regulatory compliance, but you should double check everything with your local team just in case there is something has changed or that you do not know about.

• 7.  RE: Zero Touch Deployment with a Controller in Japan Regulatory Domain
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 03, 2016 10:03 AM

Thank you for the emplanations. I have two controllers in the way to my Data Center to cover all the region