Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

are aruba access points compatible with MSM controller

Can aruba Access points work with MSM controller

Occasional Contributor II

Re: are aruba access points compatible with MSM controller

[ Edited ]

I'm not an expert but...If, with the words "work with", you meant to ask if an Aruba Wireless AP (let's consider, as example, the Aruba 210 Access Points series) can be controlled by an HPE MSM Controller (as happens with HPE branded APs such as the HP 560, MSM430, MSM460 and so on)...I think the answer is, at least actually, a solid No (see, as reference, this document about the HPE Access Points versus HPE MSM Controllers compatibility matrix).

Aruba Wireless APs can operate basically in two modes:

• Managed by an Aruba Mobility Controller (see here).
  • Managed by an Aruba Instant AP that act like a mobility controller (through the usage of the Aruba Instant mode).

Probably there is yet a Migration Path defined (from an HPE MSM based Wireless Network to an Aruba based one) and also, I think, sort of trade in offers to help existing HPE Wireless Customers to move or expand their deployments from a brand to another (Trade In with statements like this one: "With the integration of HP and Aruba WLANs, Aruba Networks is dedicated to helping HP customers migrate or expand their existing WLANs with high performance Aruba 802.11ac gigabit Wi-Fi").

As reference a similar thread have been discussed also on the HPE Community -> Wireless -> MSM Series (specifically here).

Guru Elite

Re: are aruba access points compatible with MSM controller

Asgar Hussain wrote:

Can aruba Access points work with MSM controller

Unfortunately, no.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: