02-21-2014 12:12 AM
I Have Instant Aruba 105 deployed in my network, My problem is as-
1. Blackberry mobile user are unable to connect on Guest SSID.
2. They get IP but not captive portal page.
3.But as they switch on thier Data service option in mobile they get captive portal page?
It is happening only with Aruba IAP wi-fi , Blackberry users has checked same thing on other wi-fi there its working without on of data service option in mobile.
My network structure is like-
1. One controller in core site with CPPM.
2. Branch location have IAP 105 making tunnel to controller on seprate vlan for guest user , controller disttribute ip to guest user ,
3. then CPPM will authenticate guest user .
Kindly suggest why its hapeining only with blackberry ...rest andriod windows are working fine....
02-21-2014 04:45 AM
I regret this is a issue with the beloved canadian blackberry. Had the same issue myself before I dumped my Bold 9900 and flipped to android. I've had decent success with the playbook (Yes some people really have those! :) ) but was nothing but issues with the handheld devices getting the CP page to pop. There is some older posts related to blackberrys where the length of the SSID was somehow causing issues with the redirect URL. I have no issues with them connecting to a WPA SSID.
What model of Bberry are you using? What OS?
| Adam Kennedy, Systems Engineer - firstname.lastname@example.org
| Service Providers – Aruba, an HPE Company
| Twitter: @adam8021x | Airheads: akennedy