Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

convert Single IAP to CAP

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  convert Single IAP to CAP

Posted Mar 10, 2017 11:37 AM

I've got a temporary production network up and running using 1 IAP. I've plugged in another IAP that I need to convert to CAP so I can start configuring and testing our controller setup. 

The new IAP joined the cluster.

In the CLI of the new AP, I can "convert-aos-ap CAP" but I want to make sure it will not take the IAP network down by converting all the APs in the cluster.

Can someone confirm?

• 2.  RE: convert Single IAP to CAP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 10, 2017 11:45 AM

Hey, in normal operation there should be no reason for the network to be taken down as such. I would segregate the IAP from from the existing IAP cluster which you wish to convert to an CAP. This is so that the convert action is not pushed to the other IAP's in the cluster. Obviously there might be external factors such as IP conflicts and so on which you may need to be mindful. 

Don't forget as well that only certain ArubaOS versions will support IAP's.

Here's a video if you need it :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkdaqwwPxvo

• 3.  RE: convert Single IAP to CAP
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 10, 2017 12:34 PM

ok, worked accordingly.

For future reference, the AP didn't want to convert while it was joined to the cluster. I had to convert to a standalone first "swarm standalone" and reboot manually. When it came back up, then I could convert to the CAP.

thanks!

• 4.  RE: convert Single IAP to CAP

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 10, 2017 12:38 PM

Awesome, glad to hear it! :)