Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

creating a webpage for use with IAP External - Authentication Text

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  creating a webpage for use with IAP External - Authentication Text

Posted Aug 28, 2013 11:55 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know what needs to be on a very simple web page that I can point an Instant AP 105 towards when using External - Authentication Text.

I read that the AP is looking for a string in the response but dont know what to do to code the webpage.

I already have an email capture field, a generic disclaimer and a Submit button.

What should I make the submit button do to return the secret string back to the IAP ?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

• 2.  RE: creating a webpage for use with IAP External - Authentication Text

Posted Aug 28, 2013 01:26 PM

• 3.  RE: creating a webpage for use with IAP External - Authentication Text

Posted Aug 29, 2013 03:07 AM

Yes, understood. The trouble is I don't know what to code on the website, is it a POST response, after the user clicks submit ?

The help link refer to using External Auth test after hitting an external Radius or Captive portal website.

We are not actually planning doing any authentication, just making sure guest visitors read the disclaimer and click 'Accept', with the only benefit to us being getting stats on how many guests used the wireless.