Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

find the cloud activation key

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  find the cloud activation key

Posted Mar 04, 2017 04:43 AM

Hi,  How do i find the cloud activation key for a Aruba-2930F  (JL262A)  or a Aruba switch 5406Rzl2  (J9850a).

I have gone pass the 32 devices you can add with mac and serial number in aruba central , but cannot find the key. 

Cheer, 

Tim

• 2.  RE: find the cloud activation key

• 3.  RE: find the cloud activation key

Posted Mar 04, 2017 06:03 AM

Hi,  yes. the print out is 

Aruba-2930F-48G-PoEP-4SFP# show version
    Image stamp:
    /ws/swbuildm/rel_spokane_qaoff/code/build/lvm(swbuildm_rel_spokane_qaoff_rel_spokane)
    Jan 25 2017 19:29:30
    WC.16.02.0016
    Boot Image: Primary

Boot ROM Version: WC.16.01.0003
    Active Boot ROM: Primary

Thanks , /Tim

• 4.  RE: find the cloud activation key

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 04, 2017 06:30 AM
    Might be worth checking these are supported by Aruba Central. I had a look at the data sheet and I see no mention of it, so don't think it is supported?

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_2930FSwitchSeries.pdf

Do you have a local SE you can contact?

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  RE: find the cloud activation key

Posted Mar 04, 2017 06:35 AM

HI

The first section in the pdf 

"PRODUCT OVERVIEW The Aruba 2930F Switch Series is designed for customers creating digital workplaces that are optimized for mobile users with an integrated wired and wireless approach. These basic Layer 3 access switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and Aruba AirWave. With support from Aruba Central, you can quickly set up remote branch sites with little or no IT support"

Seemes to me it should be ok with central.  I have entered other 2930 switches before i retched the 32 device limit. 

Regards, Tim

• 6.  RE: find the cloud activation key

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 04, 2017 06:42 AM
    Ah okay then, I was checking the management section further down! Apologise but I'm all out of ideas now, someone else might be able to shed some light :)

Sent from my iPhone

• 7.  RE: find the cloud activation key

Posted Mar 06, 2017 06:01 AM

Hi Tim,

Please use the following command to get the activation key:

show activate provision