Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

find the cloud activation key

Hi,  How do i find the cloud activation key for a Aruba-2930F  (JL262A)  or a Aruba switch 5406Rzl2  (J9850a).

I have gone pass the 32 devices you can add with mac and serial number in aruba central , but cannot find the key. 

Cheer, 

Tim

Re: find the cloud activation key

Have you tried this?

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-find-the-cloud-activation-key-via-CLI/ta-p/234889

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
New Contributor

Hi,  yes. the print out is 

Aruba-2930F-48G-PoEP-4SFP# show version
Image stamp:
/ws/swbuildm/rel_spokane_qaoff/code/build/lvm(swbuildm_rel_spokane_qaoff_rel_spokane)
Jan 25 2017 19:29:30
WC.16.02.0016
Boot Image: Primary

Boot ROM Version: WC.16.01.0003
Active Boot ROM: Primary

Thanks , /Tim

Might be worth checking these are supported by Aruba Central. I had a look at the data sheet and I see no mention of it, so don't think it is supported?

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_2930FSwitchSeries.pdf

Do you have a local SE you can contact?

Sent from my iPhone

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
New Contributor

HI

The first section in the pdf 

"PRODUCT OVERVIEW The Aruba 2930F Switch Series is designed for customers creating digital workplaces that are optimized for mobile users with an integrated wired and wireless approach. These basic Layer 3 access switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and Aruba AirWave. With support from Aruba Central, you can quickly set up remote branch sites with little or no IT support"

Seemes to me it should be ok with central.  I have entered other 2930 switches before i retched the 32 device limit. 

Regards, Tim

Ah okay then, I was checking the management section further down! Apologise but I'm all out of ideas now, someone else might be able to shed some light :)

Sent from my iPhone

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
Aruba Employee

Hi Tim,

Please use the following command to get the activation key:

show activate provision

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: