Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

how do i connect AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how do i connect AP

Posted Jan 16, 2015 11:40 AM

how do I connect an AP that is in a different segment of the controller and is geographically distanced through an MPLS  channel

• 2.  RE: how do i connect AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2015 11:43 AM
    Is the controller's IP routable from the remote location? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: how do i connect AP

Posted Jan 16, 2015 11:49 AM

Yes, the AP connected to the remote site is connected, has an IP address and the controller can do PING to the AP without problem, but i dont know how can i do to provissioning this AP

This is a diagram

10.10.10.1                       10.10.10.2

CONTROLLER ====== ROUTER===========ROUTER===========AP

192.168.200.2          192.168.200.1                 192.168.100.1             192.168.100.3

The connection from controller to AP trough PING is successful!!

• 4.  RE: how do i connect AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2015 11:52 AM
    How are you doing controller discovery? 

Do you have DHCP option 43/60 configured in that location? Do you have the aruba-master dns record set in your environment? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 5.  RE: how do i connect AP

Posted Jan 16, 2015 11:59 AM

the AP get a IP Address trough the Router on remote location, colud the controller discover the APs via ADP or DNS if the AP is in other network?

The DHCP option 43/60 if no configured on the remote location! 

• 6.  RE: how do i connect AP

Posted Jan 19, 2015 02:59 AM

please next time post in the correct sub forum, as this isn't instant related.

as for your question, the controller doesn't discover the AP, the AP discovers the controller. the AP can do that fine over a layer 3 network, when controller disocvery is based on DNS or DHCP. ADP won't work as that is broadcast based and limited to a l2 network.

• 7.  RE: how do i connect AP

Posted Jan 19, 2015 06:00 AM

Hi Friend,

There are two solutions for your requirement,

1. Create a VPN from the remote location ( where AP is connected) to the location where the Controller is deployed and provide the Master IP to the AP ( Static, DHCP option 43/60 or through DNS)

Bottom line, AP should be able to discover the Master and should be able to exchange the PAPI traffic with controller.

2. Connect the AP directly to the controller and provision the AP as a RAP and take it to the remote location and uplink it .

Ensure that all the required VPN related config is taken care and the required traffic is allowed in the firewall either side.

Hope got some clarity on this,

Please feel free for any further help on this.