Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

iAP 105 no connection after loosing internet

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  iAP 105 no connection after loosing internet

Posted Mar 04, 2013 09:56 AM

I have an iAP 105 and use it at home for testing as a "home router" pluged in the directly in the modem (modem is in bridge mode DHCP).

Whenever I disconnect the modem and reconnect it after 5 min the AP is no longer able to supply internet to the SSID's I need to do a power cycle / soft reboot in order to get the service back.

Any thoughts about this issue ?

• 2.  RE: iAP 105 no connection after loosing internet

Posted Mar 04, 2013 10:06 AM

Hi,

If you using an InstantAP-105 - and you disconnecting the modem(ETH cable) from it - the iAP unit will reboot itself and will try to find another virtual controller via 5GHZ (mesh).

Capturemesh.PNG

It's a basic feature in the unit itself. (redundancy feature in order to keep the service up and running)

*After u soft boot the iAP-105 while it connected to the modem (ETH) so agian the unit acting as a working virtualAP -with a working ssid and a working configuration like u had before u disconnected your cable :)

have a lovely week.

Me

• 3.  RE: iAP 105 no connection after loosing internet

Posted Mar 04, 2013 10:20 AM

So the "location"(my house) has only one iAP and there is no mesh posibility. Is there a way to make the iAP to go back and test for DHCP on the ETH and not look for a mesh and at the same time to not reboot itself (this way the service will be resume faster) ?

• 4.  RE: iAP 105 no connection after loosing internet

Posted Mar 04, 2013 10:29 AM
    • Mesh service is automatically enabled on 802.11a band for dual-radio IAP only, and this is not configurable.
    • The mesh portal reboots after 5 minutes when it loses its uplink connectivity to a wired network. <--This is You
    • Any provisioned IAP that has a valid uplink (wired or 3G) is a mesh portal, and the IAP without an Ethernet link is a
      mesh point.
    • Also read the following PDF - in order understand better how the IAP units acting with | without a cable - read from page 59.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/Indoor80211n_2012-05-31.pdf