Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Re: iap-205 does not give out ip's

Thanks CJoseph, just to make sure. You said yes to both the compatablility, and that I use Taurus, correct?

Thanks for your time.

Guru Elite

Yes and Yes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I went through the procces of the upgrade and it was "Upgrading" for several hours. I left work and returned to find the original firmware still in place. Any advice?

Guru Elite

What is the filename of the firmware?
Did you use the GUI?
Please try from a wired workstation, if you can...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I used Arubainstant_Taurus_6.4.2.6-4.1.1.13_54918 with the GUI from a a non-wired workstation. Will attempt again at 3pm from a wired workstation if you say this is the correct file. Have to wait until school is out, so there are no interuptions. Thanks.

Guru Elite

If you can, please compute the Md5 sum to make sure you got the file and it is not corrupted.  Download the Aruba.sha256 file and open it in notepad.  Compare the md5sum for the device downloaded to the md5sum in the file by using an md5sum checker:

md5.png

Colin Joseph

I am still having the same issue weekly with all 15 of my IAPs. I have been keeping track of firmware upgrades and installing them as they are available. Currenty running ArubaInstant_Taurus_6.5.2.0_59123... Any new advice?

Guru Elite

Can you identify the ap and get the tech support from it?

Colin Joseph

It's all the APs..
Guru Elite

None of the APs give out IP addresses at the same time? Are the VLANs virtual controller assigned or network assigned in those SSIDs?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: