Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

iap-205hIAP-205H setup IP camera on POE port

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  iap-205hIAP-205H setup IP camera on POE port

Posted Jun 17, 2016 10:41 PM

I have IAP-205H running behind a POE+ power strip (Wifi-Texas WS-GPOE-AT-12-56v240w). 

Setup IPCamera_port_profile to include POE enabled, native VLAN "guest", uplink enabled on port 0/3.

I set USB disabled to prevent power usage there. eth ports 0, 1, 2, 4 are all set to "default_wired_port_profile" which has them admin disabled, POE off.

Tested connectivity by plugging in a laptop and verified in wired client list, plus accessing Internet.

Camera is a QSee QCN-8004B which is 802.3af requiring 6 watts. The PSE is supposed to provide 10 watts from 802.3at. Camera does not even try to boot when plugged into the port.

2nd issue: When I come out of the port and into a POE injector, the camera boots, but I cannot access via web browser or RTSP protocol. I don't see any firewall rules to block inbound access.

I thought this would be a great and secure way to power my cameras, get flicker-free uploads for the video, and reduce the network runs.

Any thoughts on things I've overlooked? Appreciate the guidance.

Bill