Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

mapping an SSID to a GRE tunnel

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  mapping an SSID to a GRE tunnel

Posted Aug 02, 2013 07:53 AM

Anybody know how to map an SSID on an Instant to a GRE tunnel back to an Aruba 3400 controller.

The Instant manual shows how to configure  a GRE tunnel but the pushing of the SSID traffic to the tunnel is missing.

cheers

Pete

• 2.  RE: mapping an SSID to a GRE tunnel

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2013 09:23 AM
    This is done via the vlan assigned to the ssid. In the VPN setup it asks for a vlan (dhcp config). That id matches the one in the ssid

• 3.  RE: mapping an SSID to a GRE tunnel

Posted Aug 02, 2013 10:23 AM

Seth,

cheers for the info.

Attached is mY DHCP scope for the tunnelled VLAN 500. does it look ok to you?

Basically the DHCP scope for the clients resides on the core controller terminating the GRE tunnel.

• 4.  RE: mapping an SSID to a GRE tunnel

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2013 10:31 AM
    I don't see the scope?however, pleases look into Distributed, L3 as a VPN method. With a centralized L2 for DHCP, ALL sites share the same broadcast domain. With distributed L3, each site (based on centralized settings) will be its own subnet?way cool!

• 5.  RE: mapping an SSID to a GRE tunnel

Posted Aug 02, 2013 10:44 AM
      |   view attached

@SethFiermonti wrote:
    I don't see the scope?however, pleases look into Distributed, L3 as a VPN method. With a centralized L2 for DHCP, ALL sites share the same broadcast domain. With distributed L3, each site (based on centralized settings) will be its own subnet?way cool!

Seth, i have attached the config in this pdf document.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    GRE-DHCP.pdf   227 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: mapping an SSID to a GRE tunnel

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2013 01:15 PM
    Try removing the relay. Is vlan 500 on the controller? Add the ip helper there.

Sent from my iPhone