Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

max-client-threshold set to 255 only get 110 clients max

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  max-client-threshold set to 255 only get 110 clients max

Posted Aug 19, 2013 07:01 PM

Hello all,

I know that the number of clients is absurd , but we are testing using one IAP104 with max-clients set to 255 and only 110 of 124 Windows CE devices are being allowed. I dont have access to the AP at this moment but I downloaded the latest release from the Maintenance Tab.  No settings were used to limit B/W. We are using single SSID, portal connected to a SOHO router with the wireless clients sending data to the SOHO wan port.  We are testing using muliple file sends over FTP to a SQL database.  The other manufacturures AP connects to all 124 test clients and tansmitts sucessfully to SQL.

Anyone have a clue as to why the number set on the SSID for max clients, in no way correlates to the results I am seeing???

• 2.  RE: max-client-threshold set to 255 only get 110 clients max

Posted Aug 20, 2013 01:49 PM
    Just a shot in the dark, but are there adequate available DHCP leases for that network? Can that same 111th device connect to another SSID on that AP (on the same vlan)?

• 3.  RE: max-client-threshold set to 255 only get 110 clients max

Posted Aug 21, 2013 05:42 PM

I used the Virtual Controller DHCP, and I don't believe that it was limited to 110 clients.  I also spoke with Aruba TAC and they said that there was a limit to 120 clients with the Instant Technology.

• 4.  RE: max-client-threshold set to 255 only get 110 clients max

Posted Aug 28, 2013 10:56 AM

Do you have encryption? Our customer reported that with WPA(2)-PSK there was such limit. 

Regards, 

Marek