Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

my windows 7 laptop will not allow me to open the instant.arubanetworks.com page in SSID "instant"

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  my windows 7 laptop will not allow me to open the instant.arubanetworks.com page in SSID "instant"

Posted Feb 20, 2015 10:46 AM

cannot open the instant configuration webpage even though i am clearly connected to the INSTANT SSID> same trouble seen on different browsers on this machine.

trying on different laptops,  and even mobile devices does not show the same issue, will gain access to VC UI @ instant.arubanetworks.com.... suspecting security setting issues on my corp PC, but have tried many things with no luck... same reported from my field techs with Win7. XP seems to work fine for them.

any advice appreciated!

thanks

Brendan

• 2.  RE: my windows 7 laptop will not allow me to open the instant.arubanetworks.com page in SSID "instant"

Posted Feb 20, 2015 11:20 AM

Could you please check the followings:-

1. If you have proxy, disable it.

2. Check whether your laptop is getting DHCP ip or not.

Edit:  Try to browse http://instant.arubanetworks.com

• 3.  RE: my windows 7 laptop will not allow me to open the instant.arubanetworks.com page in SSID "instant"

Posted Feb 20, 2015 09:52 PM

Hi,

keep in mind that  "instant.arubanetworks.com" is a captive portal page , and it is registred as a DNS entry in the IAP , so as already said verify the two parameters (especialy that the dns is given from the IAP).