Controllerless Networks

new aruba head

hi all. im looking at aruba kit and i have a customer swearing he has to have AP205's not AIP's but to my knowledge the AIP has more functionality. has anyone had this before. or know anything the AP has over the aip's

#AirheadsMobile
Guru Elite

Re: new aruba head

What kit are you referring to? 

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

ap205 and instant 205's sorry. but customer says instant wont fit the requirement. and only the std ap205. but to my knowlege the instant has an std ap mode.

#AirheadsMobile
Guru Elite

Instant can be converted to a controller-based AP. 

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

this was my thought hence my confusion as to why my customer says he must have the AP not the instant. and was wondering if the AP had a function im missing...

#AirheadsMobile
MVP

The IAP has the added feature of the self-managing Instant OS.

We've stopped buying the non-Instant units, and convert where we use controllers and not where we don't.

The principal benefit being that I can keep one spare to replace any failed unit rather than one of each.

The side benefit is that I see some of our controller based installations going Instant in the future and all I'll have to do is convert back and set a few bits in the VC and I'm done - vs. physically replacing all of them.

Only downside is you have to have a controlelr license for the converted IAP and you have to power up the IAP and click a few bits to convert it - not that bad.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: