Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

problem with Apple laptops with external captive portal

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  problem with Apple laptops with external captive portal

Posted May 24, 2016 03:15 PM

Hi,

I have an SSID for guest access with  external captive portal on CPPM server on my virtual controller   release 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11.

The captive portal works fine with windows OS and android smart phones, but when I test it with Apple laptops these fail.

Sometimes, the captive portals doesn´t load, others load but the register fails...

The pre authentication role only permits; dns, dhcp and https to captive portal´s IP address.

Do I need permit some others resources for these devices?

Regards,

EF

• 2.  RE: problem with Apple laptops with external captive portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2016 05:12 PM

Are you using Safari on Apple macs?  If so open your Keychain on that mac, go to preferences, then set OCSP under Certificates to Off.  Then try to open up the captive portal again.

certif.png

• 3.  RE: problem with Apple laptops with external captive portal

Posted Jun 02, 2016 09:23 AM

Sorry for delay in response.

No, this action doesn´t resolve my problem, even if I configure a permit any any rule in the pre authentication rol doesn´t works.

With windows and android devices work fine but  Apple devices doesn´t work ( iphone, ipad and MacBook)

:(

• 4.  RE: problem with Apple laptops with external captive portal

Posted Jun 02, 2016 10:56 AM

Hi,

This is what i find and helped me a lot a wile ago. there where driver problems on the macbooks:

Begin by opening "Terminal," Apple's line command system application. You can find Terminal by opening Finder and clicking "Applications." Once in Applications, click on a folder labeled "Utilities," and then double-click on "Terminal." Or, use spotlight by holding the Command key and hitting the spacebar to open a search bar in the top right of you screen. Type "terminal" in the search bar and click on the Terminal application in the search results.

Once the Terminal window is open, enter the following command and hit enter.

sudo launchctl unload -w

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist

Enter your administrator password if you are prompted. This command will unload discoveryd. Now, to reload it, enter the following command and hit enter.

sudo launchctl load -w

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.discoveryd.plist

You may need to close and relaunch connected applications for this to take effect. If you still have no luck, you can try removing network configuration and preference files. Start by turning Wi-Fi off in the menu bar and opening the Finder window.

To open a search for a folder within Finder, hold the Command key, the Shift key, and the G key. When the search bar opens, enter the following phrase to get to the correct folder.

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

Once in the folder, you need to find the following files and either delete them, or copy them into a backup folder somewhere else on your machine, or onto a removable drive. The main thing is making sure they are moved out of the system configuration folder.

com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

com.apple.network.identification.plist

com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

preferences.plist

After you have taken care of these files, reboot your machine and turn Wi-Fi back on from the menu bar. Your computer will then recreate these files which could solve some Wi-Fi problems.

If you are having trouble with specific websites, try flushing your DNS cachethrough terminal.

Hopefully this will solve your Wi-Fi problems and get you back online.