Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

setting up IAP-103

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 18, 2014 07:58 AM

I have a IAP-103 and realise that the console port (4-pins) was different from my existing IAP-93 and IAP-105 (RJ45). Inorder for me to setting up the new IAP-103, I connected to a PoE switch. The switch was not connected to any other connection.

It took quite a while for the AP to boot up and ready (pwr=green, enet=orange, 5GHz=orange, 2.4GHz=green). I select to "Instant" on my iPad wireless connection. After sucessful, I open Safari and address bar: 172.31.98.1

Safari showed "Instant User Interface Login Screen", admin, admin, Log In, "Specifying the Country Code", select "Singapore". My iPad wireless connection immediately switch to known network connection.

The IAP-103, pwr=green, enet=orange, 5GHz=orange, 2.4GHz=orange. I totally cannot see any "Instant" on wireless network connection. Any suggestion how to go about?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: setting up IAP-103

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2014 08:48 AM
    Go on your switch or DHCP server and find out the wired ip address of the AP and connect to that through your existing network.

• 3.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 19, 2014 08:19 AM

I check the DHCP server and login to instant 

pic2.PNG

"Next"

pic3.PNG

"Next"

pic4.PNG

"Next"

pic5.PNG

"Finish"

pic6.PNG

Pwr=solid green, enet=blink orange, 5GHz=solid orange, 2.4GHz=solid orange

But my ipad Wi-Fi "choose a network" cannot see the SSID "testAP" or "Instant"

Any advice from here? Thank you

• 4.  RE: setting up IAP-103
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 22, 2014 01:39 AM

It looks like a regulatory domain issue.

As far i see here

https://pctools.arubanetworks.com/compliance/

The AP 103 should be working with singapour, but it could be after an update with a newer instant OS which tell the AP that the ap is on compliance.

You got 2 options

1-Factory reset and pick another regional domain like Cananda(CA)

2-Get the IP in the way that Tim told you in previews messages and get in the console, and try updating the IAP 103 to the lastest version(hopefully like i said the newer firmware will tell the AP that its on compliance  with a regulatory update, and you should be able to connnect)

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 22, 2014 04:47 AM

I had reset the IAP=103, connect to "Instant", Login to Instant, Country select "Canada", it work perfectly. Now I can set new SSID, iPad get connected, internet, just perfect.

But now my question, any impact for me not set to Singapore? Or any other way to make this IAP-103 work normal just like my existing IAP-93 and IAP-105?

My version 6.4.0.2-4.1.00_44004

Thank you

• 6.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 22, 2014 11:32 AM

Well it affect as you need to put the valid channels on your IAP, which could not be the same as on Canada(mine is the same as canada so for me there is no issue)

You can see the valid channels here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

I would check it on my controller but after the 6.3 i think for all countries it set that all the channels are available to use on 5ghz channel(i think its because the 802.11ac? not sure... i notice that the other day i was installing a new fresh controller...

Im asking that on the other forum because i want to know... whats up with that.

Cheers

Carlos

• 7.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 22, 2014 10:15 PM
    Do you have access to the Aruba support site? You can download 4.1.1.0 from there, it should have support for Singapore.

Thanks,

Yan Liu
    Product Manager
    Aruba Instant
    US: +1 650 996-3520
    China: +86 136 2121 6844

• 8.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 27, 2014 02:11 AM

Yes I do have support, may I know the link please? Thank you

• 9.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 27, 2014 02:24 AM

After remain the country setting to "CA" of the IAP-103. My existing IAP-93 & IAP105 VC cannot see the IAP-103. Now it form another network for IAP-103 (alone) and 14x IAP-93 and 1x IAP-105 (15APs in another network). All APs connected to the same switches and router as well as same SSID.

My question is that, will it affect the user roaming from IAP-93/105 group to IAP-103?

Thank you

• 10.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 27, 2014 08:44 AM

All the IAP should have the same Firmware, i mean the same version.  The IAP 103 didnt update to the same firmware as the others becasuse it uses another firmware differnetes as 105 and 93

First sorry i didnt read that you had another cluster going, and you wanted to insert this instant to the cluster, i though it was a  new cluster you need to do.  Have in mind that if you got a cluster, the config should download itseft of the master if it correctly done. 

Secondly they need all to the in the same regulatory domain otherwise it wont join the cluster

Third yes it will affect the roaming from the 103 to the other cluster and vice versa as they are NOT communicating

I recentrly got a call from a client with this same issue, as he had to config a new cluster, at the beggining he said the same, i cannot see the SSID when putting PA(our country code) but PA as you see in the list i gave you before its on the regulatory domain supported.  I asked him to upgrade it to the lastest firmware which fix this.  And the other option as well was changing it from regulatory domain.

In your case, i what i would do is this

1-Disconnect the IAP 103

2-Go to the console of the clusters of IAP 93 & 105 create a backup of the config

3-Upgrade to the lastest firmware the IAP 93 and IAP 105

4-When they are done,  do a backup of the config

5-Connect this IAP 103 and upgrade this one to the lastest firmware

6-At the end they should all have the same code but they will have a different class of firmware(there is pegasus, Orion etc etc(dont remenber which one is the 103)

7-The AP will reboot and download the config from the Master.

After that they should hopefully see each other and you hopefully should see the SSID from the IAP 103( as i told you before this happened to me a few days ago) and i as said the other option  which was upgrade the firmware

The upgrade should work as the AP isaw it was on the list of aps with compliance  https://pctools.arubanetworks.com/compliance/

For more information about this common problems of IAPS joinnig a cluster please go and see this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s70LKIHrfs

Its really have good info

Cheers

Carlos

• 11.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted Sep 28, 2014 10:17 AM

I almost can confirm that you rproblem is due to the regulatory issue thus IAP93/105 cannot see the new IAP103. To resolve this issue, either upgrade all the IAPs to the same OS and regulatary domain. You shoiul download the latest OS from the support website so that the SSID can be seen in SG domain. I believe that the latest firmware had resolved the issue already.

• 12.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted May 18, 2015 02:37 PM

Hi,

I am having EXACLTY same problem. However upgrading to latest firmware did not fix the issue.

Any Ideas/recommendation?

Regards,

• 13.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted May 24, 2015 10:54 AM

are you also in Singapore? which exact version did you upgrade to?

• 14.  RE: setting up IAP-103

Posted May 24, 2015 12:20 PM

Hello Boneyard,

Yes i am in Singapore and I just download the latest firmware and it will work. Cannot recall the firmware.