Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

split tunnel vpn, rap3

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  split tunnel vpn, rap3

Posted May 16, 2014 12:23 PM

Probably a silly question, but if I try to use a RAP3 to set up a split tunbel vpn from a remote office, over the internet, and back to our office to provide secure access to a couple of servers, does the rap3 have to sit between the remote router and core switch, or can it just anywhere on their network and still bridge the two LANs into one broadcast domain? 

• 2.  RE: split tunnel vpn, rap3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 01:02 PM

Need a diagram to understant what you are talking about.

• 3.  RE: split tunnel vpn, rap3

Posted May 16, 2014 02:26 PM

To bridge two LAN's using a RAP3 and mobility controller, does the rap3 three have to be placed thusly:

Router to RAP3 WAN port, RAP3 eth1 port to switch and rest of LAN

Or, can it go as this:     Router -> core switch -> RAP3 WAN port and eth1 connected to seperate ports on the core switch. 

In this configuration, would broadcast traffic be allowed accross the RAP3? This connection accross the RAP3 would not be set as a default gateway, just a path over a VPN to a remote location. 

I'm curious if I could do this with a RAP3 behind the remote network instead of having to introduce another  potential point of failure in having to set up an other in line router or vpn appliance between the router and switch. 

• 4.  RE: split tunnel vpn, rap3
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 03:00 PM

Is this a remote site, where the RAP3 has two sets of wired users on different subnets?

If so, and your wired interfaces are split-tunneled, you can use rap-local-network-access setting so that they can reach each other directly: http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Remote_AP/Advanced_Configuration_O1.htm

...if that is what you mean...

• 5.  RE: split tunnel vpn, rap3

Posted May 16, 2014 03:06 PM

Thank you, I believe this is what I'm looking for.