Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

upgraded to code 6.3. forklifts with not stay connected to internal server.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  upgraded to code 6.3. forklifts with not stay connected to internal server.

Posted Jan 06, 2014 10:28 AM

I just upgraded from 6.2 to 6.3. I have about 20 forklift terminals that will not stay connected to an internal server they use to pull their orders. They will stay connected to the wifi ssid. Once I roll the code back to 6.2 to the issue clears up. Any suggestions??? 

The AP's are 105's. 

Controller is a 6000 series.

terminals are Teklogix 8535's

Thanks

Danny

• 2.  RE: upgraded to code 6.3. forklifts with not stay connected to internal server.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2014 10:45 PM

@dannycook wrote:

I just upgraded from 6.2 to 6.3. I have about 20 forklift terminals that will not stay connected to an internal server they use to pull their orders. They will stay connected to the wifi ssid. Once I roll the code back to 6.2 to the issue clears up. Any suggestions??? 

The AP's are 105's. 

Controller is a 6000 series.

terminals are Teklogix 8535's

Thanks

Danny

I hope you opened a support case, because there is a wide range of things that could be your issue(s).

• 3.  RE: upgraded to code 6.3. forklifts with not stay connected to internal server.

Posted Jan 07, 2014 12:40 PM

The path that I would take before opening a case :

- Read the release notes and understand what is modified in the new release (if any of the features that I'm using are modified I will check those first - enable debug and try to see if anything presents an error)

- Read the known issues - this could advise you on what to expect as not working and never upgrade in the first place.

- I wouldn't recommend upgrading in production to an early deployment unless the FIXES that it brings addresses something that I'm experiencing. - This is more of an advice.

If that doesn't provide any solution next step would be open a case and at least you have a lot of leg work saved for the Aruba tech and possibly closer to the solution.

I was able to find multiple reasons why the issue would be possible to occur on you controller only by reading the Known issues and limitations portion of the release notes of 6.3.1.2