Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

used IAP returns wrong map location

Purchased used IAP's, did a factory reset, and installed ok.  However, IOS location services and PC map applications return wrong address.  I assume it was the previous location for these IAP's.  How do I teach them the right location?

Guru Elite

Re: used IAP returns wrong map location

Please see the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Is-skyhook-the-location-provider-Aruba-access-points-use-Is/m-p/238118

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I didn't see a solution in the link that was responded.  I did see a refernece to "advertise-location enabled in the WLAN SSID Profile"   But I don't find that setting in the virtual controller.  Any other clues?

Guru Elite

Advertise-location is not related to what you are trying to do.  In the thread there is a link that says how to opt out of location services by changing your SSID name.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thanks, but I didn't see a link to what you referenced to opt out of location services by changing SSID.  Please resend the link.

Thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: