Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

web management page auto logout - how to change

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  web management page auto logout - how to change

Posted Sep 28, 2014 10:38 PM

I'd like to be able to change the time period for when I have an aruba management page open on our IAP cluster... right now it logs out too quickly. I'd like to set a timeout of 5-8 hours.

There appears to be no option to change this in the web console. Are there parameters available to change on the command line console?

• 2.  RE: web management page auto logout - how to change

Posted Sep 29, 2014 10:18 AM

I dont think this is possible

• 3.  RE: web management page auto logout - how to change

Posted Sep 29, 2014 10:44 AM
    There is no parameter for this.
    What would be the use case for this?

you can always make an feature request on the ideas portal (through the partner portal).

• 4.  RE: web management page auto logout - how to change

Posted Sep 29, 2014 05:47 PM

The use case is to leave the management page open on a large screen as part of a quasi-NOC setup.

• 5.  RE: web management page auto logout - how to change
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 30, 2014 08:06 AM

I am not sure what useful information you would receive from that, if you're looking for APs that go offline, then the main screen will not show it unless you have renamed your aps so that you notice something is missing.

If you Airwave, it may be more useful to you.

This may be a stretch but if you have any developers in house, you can have them code up a quick dashboard that will SNMPWALK the VC for the APs and display them on a screen.

This is what we have, it is more elaborate but it refreshes every 5 min written in python

Untitled.png

• 6.  RE: web management page auto logout - how to change

Posted Oct 02, 2017 03:59 AM

Old post but still relevant, well, at least for me.

If you login into the Instant weg page then just click once on a network and don't touch anything else, the session stays alive and the screen will update.

It sounds bizar, but that's how it works for me :-)

(current version 6.4.4.8-xxx)