Data Center

Highlighted
New Contributor

I´m setting a RADIUS Lab with the Aruba 800 controller. But cant find the 802.1x "Employee" profile

Hi everyone! I need help. I´m setting up a RADIUS server with my Aruba 800 controller. I´ve done everything by the book, but i ran into a problem, i cant find the "employee" option on the drop down menu of the 802.1x Authentication Profile.

I don´t know wich option can i use instead (logon, ap-role, cpbase, denyall, guest, stateful-dot1x), or if i can create an initial role.

I cant connect to my network, when i try to log in the server asks me for my user and password, but it say "can´t connect to this network". But if i try with any other method with a PSK.... it connects instantly.

Hope some can help me.

Guru Elite

Re: I´m setting a RADIUS Lab with the Aruba 800 controller. But cant find the 802.1x "Employee&

It looks like you don't have the policy enforcement license installed, or it is installed wrong.  If that is the case, 802.1x will work, but no role-specific firewall policies will be enforced.

Type "show license verbose" to see if you even have the Policy Enforcement License installed

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

Re: I´m setting a RADIUS Lab with the Aruba 800 controller. But cant find the 802.1x "Employee&

Hi! Thanks for your answer, i think thats my problem. I don't have any licenses installed.

You say that 802.1x will work, so my authentication with the RADIUS server will work?  what can i do to configure a SSID that authenticates against my RADIUS Server (Active Directory)?

Thanks

Guru Elite

What version of ArubaOS is this?  (show version)

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

this is the version................"Aruba Operating System Software.
ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba800-4), Version 5.0.4.16
Copyright (c) 2002-2014, Aruba Networks, Inc.
Compiled on 2014-05-29 at 07:36:14 PDT (build 43995) by p4build

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.1.4 (May 18 2004 - 15:45:14)

Switch uptime is 35 days 1 hours 25 minutes 49 seconds
Reboot Cause: Power Failure.
Supervisor Card
Processor  16.20 (pvr 8081 1014) with 256M bytes of memory.
32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
256M bytes of Supervisor Card System flash (model=CF 256MB)"

I've been looking for the latest version for the 800 controller, but haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for the help.

Guru Elite

Okay.  Did you already setup the radius server?  I believe under Configuration, there is a WLAN wizard.  Have you tried that?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

Yes i have a RADIUS server ready. I set it up and tried it with an Aruba IAP 215. It works fine. I puted the option WPA2-Enterprise. wich a cannot do with my controller. with all other choices when i try to login.... i´m asked for my username and password and after i try to connect.... it says "canot connect to this network"

Guru Elite

Does the radius server have an error in the event viewer?  Make sure you do not have termination enabled on the controller.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: