Education – Australia / New Zealand

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Aruba Employee
Welcome to the Education Forum for Australian and New Zealand Users

We wanted to have a section on the Airheads Community that was dedicated to all of our education customers in Australia and New Zealand. This is a forum where you can discuss anything related to mobility in education, ask questions to your peers or share your expereinces using Aruba. We hope that this will become an active and lively forum that will be regularly viewed and contibuted. The local Aruba team will all be keeping an eye on the forum and are always happy to answer any questions.

Best Regards,

Mark Verbloot

Head of Presales - Aruba ANZ

Re: Welcome to the Education Forum for Australian and New Zealand Users

Thanks Mark.  Looking forward to getting in touch with Sydneysiders and other Australia/NZ members for events and local knowledge.

Dane Marcus

Ascham School

Well done Mark.  It will be useful to have a targeted forum where people can share ideas about how they get the best value out of an Aruba WLAN in a New Zealand / Australian Education context.   Personally I would love to see something from any educational institution which is experimenting with Aruba Beacons and the Meridian app.

Thanks Mark,

Craig Harrison

Diocesan School for Girls

We are exploring Aruba as an option to replace our 3yr old HP MSM solution (~200 APs and 2x HA controllers).

I keep hearing that AirHeads is the best wifi forum around,so let's hope it lives up to the hype ;)

Cheers

Sam

@samuelmcneill

Sam, that was our situation 2 years ago (we had HP MSM too).  Went from having about 3-4 helpdesk tickets PER DAY concerning the wireless even though we had consultants and HP themselves in and validated that everything was configured to perform at its best.

Trialled one building with 20 controllerless APs then went with the controller and now have 175 APs.  Zero issues with wireless now and the Aruba support team is second to none.  It also asses account information using Clearpass through to our Palo Alto.

Dane Marcus

Occasional Contributor I

We didn't replace a HP Solution though we did replace a Cisco solution in 2014 Christmas break. Has been great, a very solid wireless system (touch wood).

I would highly recommend Aruba... we have 120 AP's and 2 controllers. We have also paired it with CloudPath XpressConnect for onboarding and love it the whole setup.

Hi Dane,

Thanks for this - I actually met Jennifer Sharman in Canberra last month at the AIS conference and she recounted this experience.

I was particularly impressed with her telling me how easy it was to onboard 1000+ devices using ClearPass.

We use CloudPath currently and, whilst pretty effective, still requires some input for students when it comes to onboarding devices.

TBH- the sooner we get off HP the better (planned Christmas replacement)

Cheers

Sam

@samuelmcneill
Occasional Contributor I

Sam,

We have a hands-off policy at Wenona around onboarding and have all our girls connect their own devices each year, the IT Staff don't do it for them. They will assist but they get an angry look from me when they do it for them. Clear-Pass has made this process seemless for us.

We had some issues in the first year with their Java based app and Mac's not likely it but since turning off the Java client it has been pretty much flawless.

We have the odd issue on students constantly onboarding their device and ending up with 30+ certificates in their Keychain and WiFi gets confused of which certificate to use. Though a quick delete of the excess certificates and there good to go again.

Been using ClouthPath for years here at Wenona and wouldn't leave it any time soon, in fact I recently used it to build a Guest Access system which doesn't require a seperate SSID for guests.

Aruba Employee

Hi Sam,

There certainly is a great deal of information on the Airheads community but please feel free to post any questions you may have on this forum if you can't find the answers you are looking for. 

Best Regards,

Mark

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: