Education

New Contributor

Network infrastructure in University

Hello, I was looking for some advice on our wireless infrastructure at our University, specifically recommendations on our switching/routing hardware. Brief background we have approximately 2200 aruba access points mixed between 105 and 125 models. We have 8 controllers sharing the load. All 10gig uplinks to the 6506 and a total of 3 ISPs providing about 5Gbps backbone to Internet. We have about 24,000 students, airwave reports 4500 users at peak times of around 10PM to 2AM in residential halls. We have been having throughput and latency problems and are leaning on upgrading our Cisco 6506 and possibly adding ASA5500 to offset the NAT/PAT from the FW module in the 6506. We are also in process of segmenting one of our VLANs further as of right now one is using a 20 bit mask (4094 hosts) due to excessive ARP traffic. I don't want to get to long winded here (already have I guess) but I was wondering and hoping someone may be interested in chatting about their experience in designing and or upgrading their core networking infrastructure to handle the wireless load. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Aruba Employee

PM

Sent you a PM. Check your inbox. We can set up a time to talk over the phone.

Zach
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: