Education

Regular Contributor I

Provisioning multiple APs via WebUI or CLI

In OS 3.3, if you select multiple APs to provision at once you get a popup message warning you that you are provisioning multiple APs and that "some advance features such as triangulation might not work".
Assuming one uses a unique AP-Name and SNMP System Location why would advance features such as triangulation not work? What could I do to ensure these features will work and still provision multiple APs.
Also, is there way in the CLI, using the "reprovision" command in the (AP provisioning) mode to provision bulk APs using unique AP-Names and SNMP System Locations?
Thanks,
Mike Dickson
University of Massachusetts Amherst
New Contributor

Re: Provisioning multiple APs via WebUI or CLI

In OS 3.3, if you select multiple APs to provision at once you get a popup message warning you that you are provisioning multiple APs and that "some advance features such as triangulation might not work".
Assuming one uses a unique AP-Name and SNMP System Location why would advance features such as triangulation not work? What could I do to ensure these features will work and still provision multiple APs.
Also, is there way in the CLI, using the "reprovision" command in the (AP provisioning) mode to provision bulk APs using unique AP-Names and SNMP System Locations?
Thanks,
Mike Dickson
University of Massachusetts Amherst

Mike-

When you provision multiple AP's at once and you get that message, it just means that the triangulation won't work for a little while after.

When you provision the AP's, they have to reboot and therefore have to recalculate the triangulations of the other AP's.

-Bink
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: