Education

Regular Contributor I

leaky default CP page?

We've gotten a few Help Desk tickets recently claiming that users who connect to our captive portal SSID are being redirected to the "default Aruba login page" instead of our custom login page.

The custom CP page lives on each controller and appears to be correctly referenced for the profile. Viewing the CP page (clicking on View CaptivePortal) on each controller shows the correct custom page. We can't seem to replicate. A test from a known working laptop brings me to the custom page and we know it's not happening all the time or we'd hear more about it.

It's almost as if, for some reason, the default CP page is leaking into the profile and only rarely. This only started last Friday. We're still investigating whether the URL is the same or if it is different than our custom CP page.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Guru Elite

Open a Case

We've gotten a few Help Desk tickets recently claiming that users who connect to our captive portal SSID are being redirected to the "default Aruba login page" instead of our custom login page.

The custom CP page lives on each controller and appears to be correctly referenced for the profile. Viewing the CP page (clicking on View CaptivePortal) on each controller shows the correct custom page. We can't seem to replicate. A test from a known working laptop brings me to the custom page and we know it's not happening all the time or we'd hear more about it.

It's almost as if, for some reason, the default CP page is leaking into the profile and only rarely. This only started last Friday. We're still investigating whether the URL is the same or if it is different than our custom CP page.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Mike,

You should open a case. There was a bug where this would happen from time to time on certain versions of ArubaOS and it was fixed. Check with support to see if you are affected.

From the 3.3.2.13 release notes "Users will now see the correct Captive Portal logon page, based on the cp-profile, instead of the default." If you are using something above this, open a case so someone can take a look at it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Re: leaky default CP page?

ok thanks. We're running 3.3.2.21
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: