Enterprise Lockdown

Occasional Contributor II

Captive Portal Not displaying

We've been having an issue with just a few computers not going to the Captive Portal page. They connec to the SSID and have an IP, but the browser just times out. So far the two computers I've seen it on are both brand new and using IE9. Anyone know if any issues with Captive Portal and IE9? Is there anything that Captive Portal requires (e.g. Java???)? We have a 3200 Controller running 5.0.3.3. Thanks.
Aruba

Captive Portal Not displaying

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:23 PM
To: Jason Fernyc
Subject: Captive Portal Not displaying

(Please type your reply below this line!!)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Can you do a 'show datapath session table | include x.x.x.x' where x.x.x.x is the IP of the user that is trying to get the portal ?

We want to see port 8080 and 8081 in the output... if not, the portal is not triggering. Worth a test to see ...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
(Please type your reply above this line!!)

You may increase the space between the above lines as needed.

We've been having an issue with just a few computers not going to the Captive Portal page. They connec to the SSID and have an IP, but the browser just times out. So far the two computers I've seen it on are both brand new and using IE9. Anyone know if any issues with Captive Portal and IE9? Is there anything that Captive Portal requires (e.g. Java???)? Thanks.

To unsubscribe from this forum, please visit this page:
http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/subscription.php?do=addsubscription&f=33

You may reply to this email to post a reply to the forum.
You can also begin a new thread by sending an email to
New Contributor

Re: Captive Portal Not displaying

Greetings Tim,
We've noticed this exact issue as well on our campus. I've even experienced it once myself but am unable to replicate it on demand. It appears to happen intermitently, and only to a few users at a time with the majority of wireless users experiencing no issues. Just like your description, we're connected to the SSID and have received a valid IP address, but are not getting the captive portal login page. Even with a valid IP address, the laptop's network icon shows to be "not connected". The issue has occured on both Mac and PC's and using multiple browser types and versions.

Just curious if you've had any luck discovering any more information on the matter. Thanks for any feedback -Bryan
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: