Enterprise Lockdown

Occasional Contributor II

Pop-up messages

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Currently, only http or https traffic are redirected to CP. Is there any creative solution which is some like sending a pop-up message to instruct guests to bring up a web browser and login via CP?

Thanks,
Eva
Guru Elite

Popups

Meesick,

You would need an application on the device to respond to a popup. What standard application on a computer would respond to an unsolicited packet with a popup?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Pop-up messages

More importantly, are users actually having an issue with this? I would think by now people would be used to browser based portals being the default. It sounds like many of your users are not doing this, is this in fact the case?

As Colin points out, it would be a challenge to get an application on the device that would respond to a message sent by the infrastructure, especially with the high probability of abuse.

An easier method might be to simply hang up posters in the area where you are providing guest access that explains the procedure to get connected to the network. This has worked well at many trade shows where we've provided the wireless networks, and many airports also take advantage of this.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks

More importantly, are users actually having an issue with this? I would think by now people would be used to browser based portals being the default. It sounds like many of your users are not doing this, is this in fact the case?

As Colin points out, it would be a challenge to get an application on the device that would respond to a message sent by the infrastructure, especially with the high probability of abuse.

An easier method might be to simply hang up posters in the area where you are providing guest access that explains the procedure to get connected to the network. This has worked well at many trade shows where we've provided the wireless networks, and many airports also take advantage of this.

-awl

User doesn't having problem opening a browser to authenticate via portal for the first time. We would like to have client re-authenticated in x hours. It would be nice to have a pop-up message to reminder user to reauthenticate after x hours.

Meesick,

You would need an application on the device to respond to a popup. What standard application on a computer would respond to an unsolicited packet with a popup?

Not that I know of. It would be nice if it's possible to be able to do some customization around the Captive Portal Logout pop out box to something else. I am sure this will be a feature request.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: