Foro en Español

New Contributor

Aruba 3600

in my work I have an aruba 3600 this equipment is no longer used and we want to use it as a server that is to say to erase the OS and configure virtual machines with vmware, vspher etc. Is it possible to do this ???? Should it be possible, can I reverse the changes?

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 3600

That is not possible.  The 3600 is an appliance, not a server.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

what happens is that a friend had an appliance and turned it into a server
only that is another brand and would like to do the same with this team

Highlighted

Many appliances are in essence a general-purpose x86 server, running some special software (Linux in many cases).

The 3600 is a custom hardware appliance with a different processing architecture (CPU type), specifically focussed for network processing. Also for security purposes, the bootloader will only run signed firmware, to prevent someone uploading modified firmware to introduce backdoors, and similar.

Even if you were able to run something else on it, the CPU processing capacity is limited, as is the memory.

So it is not possible to convert a 3600 to a general-purpose server.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: