Forum Français

New Contributor

create a stack between 2 new S2500

hi

i have 2 new s2500 and need to create a stack with them. i coneect them with 2 cable SFP (1/2 to 1/3 --- 1/3 to 1/2). i open a console interface on them and i can see only one one each console with id 0 as primary and with 128 as priority. i need to do it by dynamic election ?

Mant thanks

Re: create a stack between 2 new S2500

The switches should automatically form a stack.

Please check if the interfaces (1/2 and 1/3 by default) are in stacking mode:

(ArubaS2500-48P) #show stacking interface brief

Interface Admin Operational Link Hardware
--------- ----- ----------- ---- --------
stack1/2 Enable Down Down Present
stack1/3 Enable Down Down Present

Please note that the stacking link between switches must be a direct physical link, it should NOT traverse other switches. The Aruba Stacking Protocol that is used for stacking only works if directly conected to other Aruba switches.

You can also configure the base ports as ArubaStack ports for specific topologies. You can use the following command to configure the base ports as ArubaStack:

(host) (config)# add stacking interface stack <module/port>

To delete a stacking port, execute the following command locally as it cannot be completed from the primary:

(host) (config)# delete stacking interface stack <module/port>

Also, check if the links are up; if I'm correct the S2500 comes with a DAC cable that allows a direct 10GBps connection between switches; however other SFPs should work as well.

Info on the plugged modules should be available from the command: show stacking interface transceiver.

What also may help is getting the switches to a recent firmware before building a stack.

If this does not work for you, please contact Aruba TAC or your reseller.

Herman

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: