Government and Military

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Aruba6000-US

Hello,

This controller has  a "mobile" wlan.  Not sure how to configure it. Is there some documentation that I can read about it?  Thanks.  

6 REPLIES
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba6000-US

Does it exist already and you need to manipulate it, or you need to create one?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

It exists already and I need to connect it to a switch with a vlan.

Ken
Guru Elite

What VLAN that SSID is tied to is located in the Virtual AP profile.  On the controller, you can create a VLAN, assign it to a physical port on the controller as an access port or as part of an existing trunk and change the Virtual AP to that VLAN.

For example if I wanted to switch an SSID to vlan 8, I would do this:

config t

vlan 8

interface gigabitethernet x,y

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 8

I would then go into the GUI, and find the Virtual AP that corresponds to the one I want and change it to 8...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I'm not seeing a "virtual AP profile".

Guru Elite

Go to Configuration> Wireless Lan> AP Configuration.  Edit the ap-group that your access point should be in.   Expand Wireless LAN and you should see your Virtual APs in that group.

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

Ok, I see it.  Thank you very much.  Good group. First time I asked for help here.  So, thanks again.