Higher Education

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

6.3.1.0 Released

6.3.1.0 has been released. If anyone has updated and can provide their feedback: pros, cons, version coming from, etc... It would be much appreciated.

If you are on another version of 6.3.0.X and have no plans to update in the near future please share your version/reasons.

I'm currently running 6.3.0.0 and am already working towards updating in our next maintenance window. My SE recommends getting off .0 code and the resolved issues make it worth early update.

24 REPLIES
Occasional Contributor II

Re: 6.3.1.0 Released

We have to upgrade to the v6.3.1.X code to be able to provision the pallet of AP-115s we received yesterday.

Contributor I

I'm highly interested in this info as well.

One particular comment in the release notes that worries me since we have a good amount of AP-125 is:

ArubaOS 6.3.1.0 is not recommended for customers with AP-120 Series APs that routinely see over 70 clients
associated to an AP. Please contact support if you have any questions.

Will this also apply to future 6.3.x GA releases?

Frequent Contributor II

If that is the only warning that worried you, you missed this one.

ArubaOS 6.3.x.x will be the last release to support the a/b/g only APs as well as the RAP-5 and AP-120 Series.
ArubaOS 6.3 will be supported at least through October 31st 2018.

So, for AP-125s, the end is near.

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP
Contributor I

Hopefully the lifetime of of 6.3 is longer than 6.2..

I will be very surprised/disappointed if ArubaOS support for AP-125, an 802.11n AP that has a end of sale date of just a few month ago will be dropped so soon.(6.4 will probably be around the corner looking at current ArubaOS release timeframes)

MVP

Just because 6.4, etc., won't support AP-120 series doesn't mean you have to run that ArubaOS. There are hundreds of customers out there (I'm sure) running 3.4 and 5.x code. It makes perfect sense that as software evolves, new/beefier hardware is required.

Everyone's talking APs . . . what about when the M3 is significantly crippled from running new code . . .
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Frequent Contributor II

M3 EOL for Support id 10/1/2018, so 6.3 may be the last version supporting them too.

Note that 6.3 is supported until 10/31/2018.

ACCP, ACMP
Aruba Employee

Just to be clear, that's the M3 with the embedded 128 AP license. All of the controllers with embedded licenses are going end-of-life due to centralized licensing. You can view the products here: http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life-products/

thanks,

-awl

Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Frequent Contributor II

I missed that detail.

Thanks for the clarification, Andy

ACCP, ACMP
EMH
Occasional Contributor II

We tried to upgrade to this, from 6.1.3.6-Airgroup.  The environment is a 6000 with one M3, just under 300 APs mixed 105,125 and 135.  Everything came back up as you would expect but connected clients to any of our 3 SSIDs had no connectivity beyond their gateway. 

Had a very short maintenance window so we rolled back without having done detailed troubleshooting.  Very strange, was hoping someone else had seen this and could explain.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: