Higher Education

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted
Contributor I
Factory Reset Aruba AP's using Airwave?

Hello-

Many times it is common for us to recover Aruba AP's with "old" AP group settings and re-use them for a different building.  Rather than reset them one at a time onsite, is there was a clever way to factory default Aruba AP's using AMP?  Our installers never remember to reset these AP's during the install, or they just can't figure out the process.  Sometimes the install can be in the hundreds of radios, so if someone has done this before it would be nice to know.  Thanks,

Matt

Contributor II
Re: Factory Reset Aruba AP's using Airwave?
[ Edited ]

We just use Airwave for monitoring, not configuration. You can provicion the APs with a new name & to a new groiup from your active master controller after the APs are up in their new location. It is possible to provision several APs at once.

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP
Aruba

No, this is not possible.   Is the old AP Group name gone?   Why not just create an empty AP Group with the old name so the AP at least comes up so you can then provision into the right group?

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Contributor I

I wish that would work, but I cannot remove the old AP group as it is still a production group.  I could rename the old production AP group, though........  This would have the same effect as the empty group idea, I think.  Then I could reprovision multiple AP's sorted by their subnet.  Does that make sense?

Matt

Contributor I

Nevermind the last post.  The only way to orphan AP's is to remove the AP group they belong to.  It would be more clear cut if we didn't have a fully redundant setup with many local controllers.  There is no CLI command to "rename" an AP group.  Kind of annoying as other vendors(Like HP!!!) allow easy factory defaulting of their AP's from the controller.  Maybe I'll ask for a feature request?

Matt

Guru Elite

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/cp/ideas/ideaList.apexp

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

mbonadie wrote:

Nevermind the last post.  The only way to orphan AP's is to remove the AP group they belong to.  It would be more clear cut if we didn't have a fully redundant setup with many local controllers.  There is no CLI command to "rename" an AP group.  Kind of annoying as other vendors(Like HP!!!) allow easy factory defaulting of their AP's from the controller.  Maybe I'll ask for a feature request?

Matt

If you to go configuration> Wireless> AP Installation > you can already sort by ip address.  When you do that, you can select multiple access points in that subnet, then move them to the default ap-group and rename them at the same time.

You also might want to get better contractors ;)

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: