Higher Education

last person joined: 15 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

Outdoor Deployment Estimate

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Outdoor Deployment Estimate

Posted Jan 13, 2016 04:13 PM
      |   view attached

I need to estimate an outdoor deployment for the gym pool area. I am thinking on using 2 AP 275 for this area.

- Basic Internet coverage

- No high density

- 100 devices at one time. (Estimate)

- No other Outdoor Wireless network around (Close one at -87)

- There are some palm trees in front of the both walls. I am trying to position the APs as far i a can in between the palms.

Question:

1. Would it be safe to assume that the AP-275 would be able to reach the 200 Feet? End the pool area there are some lounge chairs. (Tablets Usage most likely).

2. How high should i mount the AP on the wall? I was going to install it at 12 Meters (40 Feet).

Any recommendations?

Thank you

Nils.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Estimate.pdf   1.60 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Outdoor Deployment Estimate

Posted Jan 13, 2016 08:17 PM
    The AP-275 would easily reach 200 ft and mounting them 40' up in the air is
    plenty. My only question would be - how close are you mounting them
    together? We have a few installed on campus to service the courtyards and
    grassy areas where the students would gather and we easy service over 100
    users.

• 3.  RE: Outdoor Deployment Estimate

Posted Jan 13, 2016 09:35 PM

Keep in mind that although an AP275 might throw 200', the clients trying to talk to that AP may not. The client will hear the 275 but the 275 might not hear the client well.  Also, I'd look at the coverage pattern of the 275.  40' may be too high up and there may be a dead spot directly under the AP.extending out some number of feet.

Mike

• 4.  RE: Outdoor Deployment Estimate

Posted Jan 14, 2016 10:01 AM

Good Point. I normally adjust th Tx power after the install to confirm small devices like phones can tx back to the AP.

• 5.  RE: Outdoor Deployment Estimate

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2016 12:08 AM

@nilslau03 wrote:

I need to estimate an outdoor deployment for the gym pool area. I am thinking on using 2 AP 275 for this area.

- No high density

- There are some palm trees in front of the both walls. I am trying to position the APs as far i a can in between the palms.

Question:

1. Would it be safe to assume that the AP-275 would be able to reach the 200 Feet? End the pool area there are some lounge chairs. (Tablets Usage most likely).

2. How high should i mount the AP on the wall? I was going to install it at 12 Meters (40 Feet).

Any recommendations?

Thank you

Nils.

Please look at the outdoor Mimo VRD here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Outdoor-MIMO-Wireless-Networks/ta-p/155624 to help planning your deployment.

• 6.  RE: Outdoor Deployment Estimate

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2016 12:08 AM

@nilslau03 wrote:

- No high density

Question:

Any recommendations?

Thank you

Nils.

Please look at the outdoor Mimo VRD here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Outdoor-MIMO-Wireless-Networks/ta-p/155624 to help planning your deployment.

• 7.  RE: Outdoor Deployment Estimate

Posted Jan 14, 2016 12:22 AM

1) Use AP-277 with AP-270-MNT-H2 bracket

2) 200 ft is not a problem

3) One of the reasons that the outdoor gear is 3x3 is to get the best uplink performance possible

S4 handset with AP-274. 277 will perform better

Picture1.png