Higher Education

last person joined: 16 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN-US issues...

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN-US issues...

Posted Nov 23, 2015 10:54 AM

I have a couple of RAP-3WN-US APs that I had gotten through training courses several years ago. I really haven't used them since but now I would like to use them as IAPs. I tried to reset them and now all i get a green power light and an amber WLAN light and no "Instant" SSID. Can someone point me in the right direction for instructions on how to manually update them to the latest software?

Thanks gang...

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN-US issues...

Posted Nov 23, 2015 11:11 AM

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WN-US issues...

Posted Nov 23, 2015 03:46 PM

I do have another question though...

I now have this RAP-3WN set up as an IAP. I have it fully updated to the latest/tgreatest firmware rev. I have it uplinked on eth0 and have assigned it a static public IP. So how do I disable management on that interface? I cannot seem to find that little tid-bit of info.

(as to why I have a public IP on it, it is set up on an alternate ISP from our main campus connection for testing things that we don't want to test on production)

• 4.  RE: RAP-3WN-US issues...

Posted Nov 23, 2015 03:50 PM
    Under security somewhere, there is inbound firewall rules and management subnets that are allowed to access it

• 5.  RE: RAP-3WN-US issues...

Posted Nov 23, 2015 03:55 PM

@pmonardo wrote:
    Under security somewhere, there is inbound firewall rules and management subnets that are allowed to access it

@Sweet! Found it and locked it down! Thanks @pmonardo!