Higher Education

last person joined: 9 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless phones over Aruba enterprise security best practices.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wireless phones over Aruba enterprise security best practices.

Posted Mar 23, 2017 10:00 AM

I have been tasked with testing the Mitel 5624 phones across our Aruba network.  We have a 7205 master and various other Controller across other offices.  

After testing I am now looking to push these phones across the network, what is the best practises for security in this environment. EAP-TLS ? Radius ?  AD ? Is there any related design docs for this ? 

• 2.  RE: Wireless phones over Aruba enterprise security best practices.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 10:14 AM
    That’s a loaded question ;)

About 50% of the considerations are RF related, the others authentication related.

Have you reached out to your Aruba Partner?

• 3.  RE: Wireless phones over Aruba enterprise security best practices.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 10:14 AM
    That’s a loaded question ;)

About 50% of the considerations are RF related, the others authentication related.

Have you reached out to your Aruba Partner?

• 4.  RE: Wireless phones over Aruba enterprise security best practices.

Posted Mar 23, 2017 10:28 AM

Having worked with several different wirelss vendors and my present Aruba network, I have little or no experince with wireless phones, i.e. Mitel 5624 to be precise.  I have reached out to mitel without much luck and our Wireless support contractor without much luck.  Just trying to compile some documentation on it at the moment.  As I say the early testing went well with basic security but now its push it out time, "oh and can you give us your security reccomendation"  :-) 

• 5.  RE: Wireless phones over Aruba enterprise security best practices.

Posted Mar 23, 2017 11:11 AM

We are a smaller hospital that have had 3 different flavers of wifi phones.  Spectralink i640 then Motorolla, now spectralink 8440 and their pivot models.  We have had wireless issues, with coverage, call quality.  but it was never an issue related to security.  We are using WPA2.  And in the Controller we have user rules, that the phones can only access SIP ports.  Except for the android phones(pivot), we opened http and a few ports like that.

Our wireless issues were finally fixed after we worked closer with our partner (DataVizion), who came in and cleaned out out profiles, and used best practice docs from Aruba and spectralink, and some of their own past experience.