Learning

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Configure Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) the easy way

Aruba has two types of stacking on the switches above the 2530/2540:

• Fabric stacking (2920,2930M,3800,3810M)
  • Virtual Fabric Stacking VSF (2930F,5400R,8400)

VSF is simular to IRF on the Comware switches.

Below is a short instruction to setup VSF. The speed needed as a VSF link is different per switch, lookup the minimal speed needed in the switch manual.

Switch1

• (config)# vsf member 1 link 1 A24
  • (config)# vsf enable domain 1

Switch2: 

• Made sure the switch has no configuration (has the factory-defautl config), connect a port on the second switch to the VSF port on the first switch. The second switch should enable VSF and add the connected port to the VSF link automatically.

You are done!

Attached more information.

Partly based on http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Campus-Switching-and-Routing/Configure-Virtual-Switching-Framework-VSF-in-2-steps/td-p/266765

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Contributor I

Re: Configure Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) the easy way

great! it works for me but you miss something, but i was be able to figure out easily

when you need to add a third switch, you need to add anoher VSF link in this 2nd swtich

switch 2

• (config)# vsf member 2 link 2 A25

and then a third switch... it will be added to the VSF automatically

and for last, to close the ring at the 4 switch.

switch 4

• (config)# vsf member 4 link 2 A25

switch 1

• (config)# vsf member 1 link 2 A25

now you are complet.

New Contributor

hi i am configuring aruba 2930f vsf stacking

as per above process i had done the configuration but i am anable to check the vsf configuration.

pls help

@mrzero wrote:

Below is a short instruction to setup VSF. The speed needed as a VSF link is different per switch, lookup the minimal speed needed in the switch manual.

Switch1

Switch2: 

• Made sure the switch has no configuration (has the factory-defautl config), connect a port on the second switch to the VSF port on the first switch. The second switch should enable VSF and add the connected port to the VSF link automatically.

You are done!

Partly based on http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Campus-Switching-and-Routing/Configure-Virtual-Switching-Framework-VSF-in-2-steps/td-p/266765

@mrzero wrote:

Switch1

Switch2: 

You are done!

@mrzero wrote:

Switch1

Switch2: 

You are done!

Regular Contributor II

Hi

Show VSF will display if VSF is up and running.

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: