Location Services

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Can i send push notifcations not baed on location <> can we send notifications to all the users that

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can i send push notifcations not baed on location <> can we send notifications to all the users that

Posted Mar 02, 2016 03:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Good morning,

After we deployed and configured Aruba Meridian and installed client app on user devices , We can send notifications based on location (Beacon) can we send notifications to all the users that got our installed app un-regardless their location?

Please advise,

Thanks.

Me.

#Meridian
    #ALE
    #LocationServices

• 2.  RE: Can i send push notifcations not baed on location <> can we send notifications to all the users that

Posted Mar 02, 2016 05:23 AM
    No and you probably wouldn't want to , most users will find it too invasive if they receive these notifications outside of the venue and probably end up deleting the App

Sent from Outlook for iPhone

• 3.  RE: Can i send push notifcations not baed on location <> can we send notifications to all the users that

Posted Mar 02, 2016 12:55 PM

That's exactly right.

Not only that, visitors using the app have to give the app permission to use their location and enable push notifications.

• 4.  RE: Can i send push notifcations not baed on location <> can we send notifications to all the users that

Posted Mar 02, 2016 12:59 PM

Hi Guys,

Good evening,

Thanks for the info , I will try to ask it differently: Can i send notification to users that got the APP installed even if they aren't on a MAP (Without interaction with a becaon, with a manual command from the meridian)

??

• 5.  RE: Can i send push notifcations not baed on location <> can we send notifications to all the users that

Posted Mar 02, 2016 01:09 PM

Can i send notification to users that got the APP installed even if they aren't on a MAP (Without interaction with a becaon, with a manual command from the meridian)

Here's it's worth making a distinction between the two types of Meridian-powered apps: white-label and SDK apps.

White-label apps are reskinned version of the Meridian AppViewer app. White-label apps are published as unique apps in the Apple and Google app store, but all have identical functionality. We have a lot of leeway in how these apps look. The white-label apps don't have a way to create push notifications when a user is not on a map with a Proximity Beacon campaign notification.

SDK apps are apps built using the Meridian SDK for iOS and Android. Using the Meridian SDK, customers have incredible flexibility in terms of what an app can do in addition to the core Meridian functionality. There is nothing at all stopping someone using the Meridian SDK to create an app that can generate non-location specific push notifications.

That being said, I think think it's a fair point that people might uninstall an app if they get too many push notifications. The nice thing about the Meridian push notifications is that they're relevant to the physical location a user happens to be.

I hope this helps! Please do let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Shawn

Shawn Kilburn

Meridian Technical Writer