Location Services

last person joined: 7 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Developing Guest Captive Portal - how to build for Instant?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Developing Guest Captive Portal - how to build for Instant?

Posted Dec 13, 2016 04:22 AM

We develop a captive portal that uses the following authentication options: Facebook and registration.

To integrate with Aruba Instant we need information which information the instant Controller expected back from our captive portal / Radius server.

Can anyone help documentation or to obtain information for this integration?

• 2.  RE: Developing Guest Captive Portal - how to build for Instant?

Posted Dec 14, 2016 09:33 AM

• 3.  RE: Developing Guest Captive Portal - how to build for Instant?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 10:21 AM

@Christiaan wrote:

We develop a captive portal that uses the following authentication options: Facebook and registration.

To integrate with Aruba Instant we need information which information the instant Controller expected back from our captive portal / Radius server.

Can anyone help documentation or to obtain information for this integration?

Have you seen the video here?  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Video/VIDEO-Configuring-Aruba-Instant-Guest-Network-with-External/ta-p/90322

• 4.  RE: Developing Guest Captive Portal - how to build for Instant?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2016 03:36 AM

Hi Christian,

You have two options of doing this. Radius based or authentication text based. 

Let's assume, you have a radius server in the background. The portal needs to send back the information for username and password to the IAP. I created a sample pae for this:

<!doctype html>
    <html lang="de">
     <head>
     <meta charset="utf-8">
     <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
     <title>External Captive Portal with Username</title>
     </head>
     <body>
     <form method="POST" action="https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/swarm.cgi">
     <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="authenticate" />
     User Name: <br/> <input type="text" name="user" id="user"/>
     <br/>
     Password: <br/> <input type="password" name="password" id="password"/>
     <br/>
     <input type="submit" value="Login"/>
     </form>
     </body>
    </html>

After the IAP gets the username pasword it uses the radius server to authenticate the user. 

I have created a description on my personal blog, have a looke here:

https://www.flomain.de/2016/12/aruba-instant-with-external-captive-portal/

BR

Florian

• 5.  RE: Developing Guest Captive Portal - how to build for Instant?

Posted Dec 15, 2016 03:52 AM

Great, thanks. I'll review this but I think this is it.. we will work with a radius server because cleints must register via Facebook or Email.

• 6.  RE: Developing Guest Captive Portal - how to build for Instant?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2016 05:19 AM

Hi Christiaan,

If you change the certificate for the IAP, you need to reflect the new name within the action of the form. So securelogin.arubanetworks.com needs to be modified, but only if you change the certificate for the IAP. 

BR

Florian