Location Services

last person joined: yesterday 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"

Posted May 04, 2017 03:20 PM

Hi there,

I put my placemarks on the map, but when i put the preview it shows only the option "View on Map", I saw on the help tab and on different applications that when you preview or enter the Place mark it shows "Get directions to here" how do switch to this option, I don´t know if its because my routing its wrong or if it is on the different options that the placemarks have, if anyone can help out with this one it would be apreciated. Thanks

View on Map:

View on map.png

Driections to here:

Direction to here.png

#Meridian
    #LocationServices
    #ALE

• 2.  RE: Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"

Posted May 04, 2017 04:10 PM

You probably have, but I feel like I should ask. Have you drawn routes on your map in addition to placemarks?

• 3.  RE: Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"

Posted May 04, 2017 04:49 PM

Yes, I made the routes before putting the placemarks on the map:

Routes.png

Placemarks:

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 15.45.51.png

• 4.  RE: Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"

Posted May 04, 2017 05:12 PM

It looks to me like those first screenshots are from the app preview in the Meridian Editor. Is that correct?

I would recommend testing the routing in the Aruba AppViewer app which you can download from the Apple or Google app stores, depending on what device you have.

• 5.  RE: Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"

Posted May 04, 2017 06:10 PM

Many thanks Kilburn for taking your time to reply.

Im already using the Aruba App Viewer, actually since the begining but it doesn´t show the option "get directions to here" it  only appear the "View on Map" option. The only way that im allowed to make routes between place marks is when I tap on the blue arrow, next to the name of the placemark:

18337151_10155323367246458_1318161414_n.jpg

Screenshot Appviewer Placemark:

18302525_10155323367486458_586240644_n.jpg

Do you know if they change that option? because i just check the meridian sales demo and it appears exactly as mine as "View on map"

• 6.  RE: Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"
    Best Answer

Posted May 05, 2017 01:12 PM

Ah yes, I see. Yes, this was changed in a recent release. 

Please make sure you're using the most up-to-date version of AppViewer (3.3.0). 

• 7.  RE: Placemarks: switch between "View on map" to "Get directions to here"

Posted May 05, 2017 02:51 PM

Many thanks for helping me Kilburn!! glad we finally reach a solution have a nice day!!