Location Services

last person joined: 7 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA setup "Block traffic until VPN tunnel is up" whitelisting - is this source or destination?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  VIA setup "Block traffic until VPN tunnel is up" whitelisting - is this source or destination?

Posted Jun 21, 2016 07:06 AM

I note that, when using VIA client, you can "Block traffic until VPN tunnel is up".  There is also an option to add a whitelist, to modify this behaviour:

Block traffic rulesSpecify a hostname or IP address and network mask to define a whitelist of users to which the Block traffic until VPN tunnel is up setting will not apply

It's not clear to me whether this whitelists the source or the destination, i.e. :

If this is source whitelisting:   Some of the users within your VIA setup get full Internet, even though the tunnel is down.

Alternatively, if this is destination whitelisting:  All your users get access to these specific websites (e.g. to allow remote support facilities to work), even though the tunnel is down.

Can someone confirm, please?  Thanks...

• 2.  RE: VIA setup "Block traffic until VPN tunnel is up" whitelisting - is this source or destination?

Posted Sep 12, 2016 02:47 AM

If you are using PureVPN then you have an option of split tunneling