New Contributor

can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM?

i have a project for a college campus which is all covered with AP-225 and we will add Clearpass onboarding services. the students will be handled windows 8/8.1 tablet (dell venue 11). is there a solution that can help me disbale the acameras on them?

i suggested integrating CP onboarding service with an MDM (mobileiron - Xenmobile - airwatch).

Mobileiron are not sure they can do it. citrix said they can do it on all mobile devices including windows 8 phones but not the TABLETS. And haven't contacted VmWare for airwatch yet, as i am not sure they can do it.

anyone can help as it is a hot opportunity and a huge project for me

Guru Elite

Re: can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM

[ Edited ]

Are they going to be joined to the domain?

How to disable an integrated webcam using GPO

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

Re: can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM

I have not tried this before you could try identifying the process use to run the camera and If you use Onguard in the posture plugin config you set it to be stopped .

But not 100% if this could work.

2014-06-11 10_31_25-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Are these devices going to be joined to your AD domain? If so, you could disable it via Group Policy.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Yes

They are students tablets provided by the university, so it will be used for educational reasons only

So they will join the domain and AD

Thanks and regards,

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF07AE.7721C700]

Ahmed El-Motaz
Product Manager (Dell – Aruba )
Solution Architect Department.
Jeraisy Computer & Communication Services
Cellular: +966 (0) 555177369
Office: +966 (0)1 4198000 (Ext. 1081)
Fax:. +966 (0)1 4192762
Email: ataha@jeraisy.com
ataha@jccs.com.sa