How to restart processes on an Aruba controller
Tutorial by: Constantin
Here is a list of commands that we will use and what we can look for:
- “show processes” – if you used linux then you will love the output. Please check the other parameters of the command in order to see the process that uses more CPU or Memory.
- PROCESS STATE CODES
- R running or runnable (on run queue)
- D incorruptible sleep (usually IO)
- S interruptible sleep (waiting for an event to complete)
- Z defunct/zombie, terminated but not reaped by its parent
- T stopped, either by a job control signal or because it is being traced
- “show process monitor statistics” – will display a list of current processes running under watchdog.
- “process restart <process name>” – will restart the process and in order to see if it has re-initialized you would need to use one of the previous commands.
I would recommend to have an Aruba support engineer with you on the phone when doing this on production and only if the engineer requests you to do so.